Nokia launches new smartphone Nokia N9, which is the first Nokia smartphone using the operating system Meegan, N9 features are as we had previously advanced, AMOLED touch screen of 3.9 inches with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels, the Nokia N9 is quite casual and elegant, with polycarbonate frame in one piece, with support for 3G and GSM networks, the camera is luxurious 8MP with Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus and the ability to record HD video at 720p, the N9 brain OMAP3630 processor is a 1GHz and SGX530 PowerVR graphics processor is, the device has 1GB of RAM.
The chosen operating system for Nokia N9 is 1.2 Meego Harmattan, which is quite interesting but a hybrid between traditional MeeGo Nokia and Maemo, the button layout is minimalist and sparse and we only have two: for the camera and the volume everything else is handled by the touch-screen interface, as usual and always welcome at Nokia is Nokia Maps guided navigation complemented with an application designed exclusively to use the GPS in the car.
The interface is based on Nokia N9 drag with your finger so that applications can move between them easily without resorting to buttons or menus, just enough to drag the current window from any angle to access the desktop or other application, thanks to the live feeds we know that are making our friends from the major social networks and you can access your favorite applications in one place, the main applications are those included: Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Skype, WiFi Hotspot (tethering), Angry Birds Magic (game), Foursquare, AP Mobile, Accu Weather, but we need more applications (or games) for Nokia N9 always at hand on Ovi, increasingly full of games and applications all needs.
The new Nokia N9 smartphone also comes with a front camera for video chat or video calls, WiFi a / b / g / n, GPS and A-GPS and Bluetooth 4.0 and mainly oriented NFC payments and close communication between two devices, and very popular in Japan, the audio is a universal 3.5mm connector or allowing us to use the headphones of our choice, and microUSB port, in terms of storage capacity, the 16GB or 64GB provides N9, its battery is decent enough to offer 11 hours of continuous speech on 2G networks.
The Nokia N9 measures 11.64 x 6.12 x 7.61 cm and we can choose colors that go according to our tastes and personality: Black, blue or pink, the N9 will be in display cases at the end of this year, although there are rumors that will be available in a month.
Nokia N9 specifications
- Display: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 3.9 inches, resolution 854 x 480 WVGA, curved glass Gorilla polarized anti-glare
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM, Storage: 16GB and 64GB (two options)
- Processor: OMAP3630 ARM Cortex-A8 1GHz
- Graphics: PowerVR SGX530
- Operating System: Harmattan 1.2 Meego
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA, FLAC.
- 8MP camera with auto focus, Carl Zeiss lens, wide angle, dual LED flash, 720p HD video (MPEG-4) at 30 frames per second, front camera for video calls
- Networks: WCDMA 3G penta (850,900,1900,1700,2100), quad-band 2G GSM-EDGE (850,900,1800,1900)
- Data: 14.4Mbps HSDPA, HSUPA, 5.76Mbos
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, 3.5mm audio output, microUSB
- Battery: 1450 mAh
- Talk time: 2G: 11 h, 3G: 7 h
- Standby or Sleep mode: 380 hours on 2G and 3G 450 h
- Dimensions: 11.64 x 6.12 x 7.61 cm
- Weight: 135g