Today at the conference D9, Microsoft has shown a preview of what the next version of its operating system, ie, Windows 8, which has been designed with touch devices and those who are not, regardless of whether use mouse or keyboard, the show reflected in very strong spirit and philosophy behind this new version of Windows, which is reflected in the user interface - Windows-style UI Phone Metro-oriented devices, tactile interface now is very fluid, dynamic and yet so fast without losing the essence of strength and robustness of Windows.
Some features of the new user interface Windows 8:
- Quick launch of applications from the startup screen based “tiles” that replaces the classic Windows Start menu with a scalable application view
- Tiles with live notifications (we, Widgets) providing updated information from the applications they represent
- Smooth transition between applications running
- Ability to take a snapshot and resize an application to the side of the screen in a way that takes advantage of multi-tasking capabilities of Windows
- Browser completely optimized for use touch, using hardware acceleration for Internet Explorer 10
- Smooth transition between classic Windows programs and new applications for Windows 8
- Total backward compatibility with programs, computers and peripherals designed for Windows 7
- New user interface optimized for touch devices, and devices using mouse and keyboard
- HTML5 centric applications
Developers can access tools to work on content and applications.
The materials being developed by Microsoft will run on Windows and, inter alia, are aimed at the development of future applications for the Windows operating system. These applications, in line which would provide Kinect, encourage the control computers with gestures and voice.
Kinect users have shown from the beginning his interest in the possibilities of the device. Since its release in November last year, there have been many developers, researchers and study centers have experimented with Kinect.
Applications have been developed since the creation of virtual reality systems to connect the device with other platforms such as Nintendo’s Wii console.
Microsoft has supported since the beginning of the investigation as a peripheral, and now the company goes a step further and has decided to publish the codes and tools for working with Windows environments Kinect.
The multinational considered Kinect possibilities are endless and that the step is giving help to revolutionize the way people interact with technology.
Will Microsoft Changes Their Idea?
The lucky (?) Owners of machines running Windows (XP, Vista and 7) will surprise them the next update of their operating system: in order to comply with a ruling by the European Commission, the firm Redmond will offer its French customers to choose a new browser. The timing is bad for Microsoft, whose recent security vulnerabilities in its Internet Explorer has earned him being banned from several European governments, but the time is right to explain why this choice is important, everybody cares
Outside the geeks, most Internet users do not care completely of browsers people use. However, past the security problems posed by Internet Explorer, each browser has its advantages and disadvantages. Some are lightweight and suitable for machine lacks power, faster and more efficient in practice, depending on your machine, your operating system and your Internet use, there are good chances that you do not use adapted the browser. (more…)